Beverly Hills Porsche
The primary responsibilities of an automotive or car dealership receptionist are to provide customer service. They answer the phone, respond to emails, greet potential customers, address complaints, and handle other front desk duties. The car dealership receptionist is responsible for acting as a consultant in assisting customers with any automotive need, and for providing customer service support to the service and sales departments.
Their job description involves receiving/routing incoming calls, providing answers to basic queries, and then following up to customers in regards to service or sales.
It also involves providing excellent customer service experience to customers; they take thorough messages as it relates to callers and inquiries, provide basic information to callers that have general inquiries, place follow up calls for service and sales functions, and assist management with various clerical duties.
Their role also entails operating switchboard telephone system to receive incoming calls, determining nature of the call, and directing callers to appropriate person or department.
It also includes assisting with filing duties and other administrative tasks as needed.
The receptionist must also maintain a positive and ethical working relationship with all employees, manufacturers, lenders, vendors, and customers and set an example of professionalism through actions and appearance.
- Communication Skills: Car dealership receptionists require excellent oral communication skills to effectively communicate customers’ interest needs and requests to management and sales personnel; as well as written communication skills for filing and documentation
- Language Skills: They require the ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Professionalism: They must present a professional personal appearance at all times and a polished communication style
- Phone Handling Skills: They require appropriate phone handling etiquette for polite conversation with customers and prospects; and for promptly and efficiently handling a multi-line phone system
- Flexibility: Car dealership receptionists must be willing and able to work various schedules
- Interpersonal Skills: Receptionists require excellent interpersonal skills to relate easily with people of various background and personalities. It is also essential for them to work effectively with all departments with limited supervision
- Computer Skills: They require intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. They also require strong keyboarding skills
- Time-management: They must be punctual, with the ability to manage assigned tasks within time schedule; as well as provide customer support in a timely manner
- Greets showroom customers and determines the nature of their visit.
- The receptionist must adhere to the dealership’s Covid-19 policy that enforces that all visitors/employees are temperature checked and asked of Covid symptoms. They must record and log both responses and scan to the appropriate people (GSM, HR, DOO) everynight.
- Directs customers to the correct department, notifies the appropriate person that a customer is waiting and introduces the customer to a salesperson.
- Answers incoming phone calls. Directs caller to appropriate department or individual or takes a thorough message.
- Assists with clerical duties as requested.
- Provide administrative support for staff members.
- Data Entry of new vehicles into the company’s database.
- Taking and recording temperatures of all customers and employees daily.
- Arrange phone and floor up-list for sales.
- Check Elead CRM for incoming appointments daily.
- Create gas tickets for sold vehicles new and pre-owned.
- Collect all packages, mail and distribute the Controller.