Beverly Hills Porsche
Under supervision, a Paralegal assists with legal research, fact and information gathering, drafting, and analyzing legal documents and collecting, compiling, and utilizing technical information.
The work performed requires knowledge of legal concepts, principles, terminology and procedures and the extensive use of legal reference material
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe PDF.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Review and draft routine legal documents
- Create and maintain case files
- Conduct legal research
• Basic principles, concepts and methodology of legal proceedings and legal research.
• Principles of legal writing and legal terminology.
• California Labor Law
• Problem identification, analysis and evaluation.
• Principles of effective writing and verbal presentation.
• Modern office practices and procedures, including the use of standard computer software such as Microsoft Office and case management system applications.
• Computerized legal research system(s).
• Prepare legal documents including discovery requests, motions, and summary dispositions.
• Extract and organize information from a variety of sources.
• Organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality of documents and records.
• Carry out duties in accordance with policies, procedures, and scope of responsibility.
• Gather data and information.
• Review and analyze complex written documents and problems.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in person, telephone and in writing.
• Write effectively, in a clear, concise and well-organized manner, using proper grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Experience as a legal assistant or paralegal