DMV / Title Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
· Prepares tax and title documents.
· Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
· Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
· Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
· Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
· Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin.
· Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
· Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the CFO at the end of month.
· Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
· Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed.
· Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with CFO.
· Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
· Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
· Conducts periodic training sessions for managers and sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever regulations change.
· Directs title runner in daily routines.
· Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and valid driver license
Must have Experience
Must have Min 3 to 5 years automotive dmv experience
Must know CDK